Friday, October 27, 2006

Ranking U2

For any die-hard U2 fan - it is nearly impossible to rank their songs or albums from top to bottom. There's not a U2 song that I dislike. True, some albums and songs do get played more but they all hold a special place in the hearts of their fans.

I have wasted hours listening to U2 music with hopes of accomplishing a goal of ranking each song from top to bottom. I set this goal about a year and a half ago, when I received a 4th generation U2 iPod special edition for a 5th Anniversary gift.
Using iTunes, I started by rating songs with 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars, etc. Out of the 202 songs (taken from the studio albums listed to the right, various EP's, singles and b-sides) 88 had 5 stars, 82 had 4 stars and 32 had 3 stars. Only one version of each U2 song is listed. If anyone knows of any tracks that I've missed, please let me know.

The rankings are listed above. In the future, I plan on going a little in depth as to how I came to the conclusion that I did.

-Tim

No comments: